- October 2-15, 2017: Residency at Montalvo Arts Center, Saratoga, California.
- August 2-31, 2017: Residency at Montalvo Arts Center, Saratoga, California.
- Interview with Beth Phelan about my #DVPit experience, my debut novel, and Syrians in diaspora having enough space to tell our own stories.
- Interview with Nadia Eldemerdash at Creative Quibble about my forthcoming debut novel, THE MAP OF HOPEFUL BROKEN THINGS (now titled THE MAP OF SALT AND STARS), being Syrian American, and my advice to aspiring authors.
- July 9-16, 2017: Attended the Tin House Summer Workshop (Naomi Jackson, Novel Writing) in Portland, Oregon
- June 25-July 2, 2017: Attended the Voices of Our Nations Arts Foundation (VONA) Political Content Workshop with Elmaz Abinader in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- June 2016: Reading (“We Will Tell Our Children”) at RAWI+Mizna 6th National Lit Gathering
- August 2015: Reading (“Mujaddara and Myrrh”) at Mizna’s journal release party, part of their “Arab America at Home” series